Simon & Mike´s Current Location


View Simon's Current Location in a larger map

Thursday 17 September 2009

Intro

It hasn't always been a dream of mine to ride a motorcycle around Africa, but since deciding to do so, it has become a bit of an obsession. I've done a fair bit of travelling. A good bit of Europe, and in 2007 / 2008 a year travelling round India, Philippines, the States, Mexico and Guatemala. Best thing I ever did. One thing I realised whilst touring around is that I am a pretty relaxed traveller. A bit lazy in fact. Needed to challenge myself a bit more. So thought I'd attempt to ride a motorbike from London to Cape Town and back.

Me. 34 years old. From the King Country / Waikato in New Zealand. Been living in London since 2003.

I've ridden bikes before back in New Zealand, but more like farm hacks, quads and three wheelers. I think the first two-wheeled bike I rode was an old AG 100. So in Feb 09 I got my learner motorcycle licence (CBT) and brought a nice little Yamaha SR125 for practice and commuting to work in London. Then started researching the best bike for a trip down to the Dark Continent.




No comments:

Post a Comment